1. Information You May Provide Directly to Me
It is always your choice, or the choice of anyone acting for you, whether to provide Personal Information, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address or other information about yourself or data which can be reasonably linked to such information by me.
You may provide your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
This is information you provide when corresponding with me using my Contact page, by e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you interact with this website in ways, including but not limited to:
- participating in online surveys;
- subscribing to news or updates;
- requesting information from me;
- submitting feedback;
- submitting content;
- requesting licenses or permissions; or
- otherwise submitting information, including on any of my web-based forms.
The information you give me may include your name, e-mail address and website URL.
In order to access certain parts of this website, I may require that you register with me by creating a password-protected user account. This registration information may be used, for example, for identification purposes, to communicate with you regarding your account or to facilitate the functioning of the website. As part of this registration process, you will be required to provide certain information about yourself, such as your name, e-mail address or website URL.
Third-Party Social Networking; Mobile Applications
2. Information I Collect That You Do Not Provide
3. How I Use Your Information
Specifically, I may use your information to:
- create, maintain and manage your account, communicate with you about the website and respond to any questions or requests;
- communicate with you regarding the content provided on this website;
- fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- analyze visitor feedback and track site usage data in order to make improvements to the content, services and features available on this website and for other internal purposes. For example, I may compare visitor numbers from different geographic locations inside and outside of Europe, assess interest level in my resources, and modify content based on visitor numbers and field of study areas; and
- conduct research and generate statistics.
Subject to applicable law, I reserve the right to make all lawful, worldwide uses of collected information.
For European residents only. I will only process your Personal Information, including sharing it with third parties, where (1) you have provided your consent which can be withdrawn at any time, (2) the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, (3) I am required by law, (4) processing is required to protect your vital interests or those of another person, or (5) processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, provided your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
4. Disclosure Of and Third Party Access To Your Personal Information
I will only intentionally share or allow access to your Personal Information with third parties under the following circumstances:
- to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- in aggregated or another non-personally identifiable form (for example, I may publish aggregate information about the number of visitors from different geographic locations to specific parts of this website); or
- in accordance with your consent.
I will never sell your Personal Information to third parties.
5. Your Choices and Retention of Personal Information
6. Your European Privacy Rights
For European residents only. Under European data protection law, in certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- Request access to any Personal Information I hold about you as well as related information, including the purposes for processing the Personal Information, the recipients or categories of recipients with whom the Personal Information has been shared, where possible, the period for which the Personal Information will be stored, the source of the Personal Information, and the existence of any automated decision making;
- Obtain without undue delay the rectification of any inaccurate Personal Information I hold about you;
- Request that Personal Information held about you is deleted;
- Prevent or restrict processing of your Personal Information; and
- Request transfer of Personal Information directly to a third party where this is technically feasible.
You can exercise any of these rights by contacting me (anne(at)lifescienceinteractive.com).
7. Information Security
I use reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect all Personal Information received from visitors to this website from unauthorized use or disclosure.
Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee the privacy of any Personal Information that you provide. If I am required to provide notice of unauthorized access to security systems or Personal Information, you agree that I may do so by posting notice on my website or by email, in my discretion.
8. International Transfers
9. Third Party Sites
This website is a general audience website, and I do not knowingly collect information about children under age 13 years old through this website. Visitors who are 13 or under should get permission from a parent or legal guardian before using this website and should not submit any Personal Information. If I learn that I have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13, other than in a manner authorized by law, I will delete that information from my database. If you become aware of any Personal Information I have collected from children under 13, please contact me (anne(at)lifescienceinteractive.com).
11. Do Not Track
We do not use technology that recognizes a “do-not-track” signal from your web browser.
12. Governing Law
14. Contact Me